Thursday, January 31, 2008

Edwardian Ball 2008


I had the distinct honor of curating an art gallery for the Edwardian Ball last weekend. I've been going to the Ball since ... what ... 2003? As I've always been a big fan of this excellent event, it was very cool to be invited to curate a Hall of Fine Arts for their Edwardian World's Faire, new this year.

It was especially fun to curate for a specific genre ... particularly one that can't be found in the average art gallery. People aren't exactly clamoring for Edwardian era artwork these days, as you can imagine. I was humbled and flattered to be working alongside Paxton Gate, who created the Hall of Natural Sciences; Dark Garden, who did the Hall of Fine Fashions; and Kinetic Steamworks, who brought their steam engines to the Hall of Industry. Really the best company with whom to be working.

I received a lot of great compliments on the gallery, which was really gratifying. All in all, a great success!

Big thanks to Ann Jastrab, manager of San Francisco's RayKo Gallery, who helped me out by hooking me up with the artwork of Kenn Coplan, an amazing Los Angeles-based artist.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the curation. It was great work, glad to see it!