Saturday, March 22, 2008

Coolest Musician Ever

Oh my God, I just found the coolest musician ever: Victor Lams.

I'm downloading his MP3's as fast as I can. All of them.

(Caveat: to appreciate Victor at all, you have to be open to the idea of pure, unabashed, shameless creativity, and the simple forms in which that can be expressed. That, and a Casiotone. There's a certain naive earnestness -- a fearlessness, really -- in this music that just charms the hell out of me. It's a valuable reminder that music, like any other form of expression, doesn't have to be "cool" to be brilliant. OK, end of caveat. Off with you now.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And We Lost" is actually kinda interesting, in an overly-political TMBG kinda way.

Unknown said...

i can't believed you fucking blogged about this.