Saturday, March 22, 2008

Since Kirk Has Died ...

Well, I got Kirk's cremated remains back in a nice mahogany box (I didn't even have to ask for the nice box, which was nice), and they're up on the mantle right now, part of a little pseudo altar situation. I have to admit it's kind of hard for me to really go full bore into the altar thing ... this one's more "akin to" an altar. I'm just. not. gay.

So, anyway, it's not like I've been actually curling up into a ball with the box, rocking ... and ... sobbing ... much, or anything.

Only half the time.

The awake half.

Katie doesn't seem to mind too much. She just keeps sliding flat food under the door.

Odd though ... I didn't realize the closet door had such a big gap.

Just screwing around. Seriously though? It's weird when your best friend, that you held to your chest as you went to sleep at night, is reduced to a small plastic bag full of ashes in a box. That's all.

p.s. no, that's not the fucking box, you idiots. c'mon, give me some credit.

No comments: